Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Memories of last summer (from the archive)

Ha ha ha! So it is the middle of winter, and we are posting photos of people wearing t-shirts and mini-skirts. What is up with that?!?
Apologies for letting the blog slip in recent months, but we have been really buried with organizing the fashion shows, events and forming a company. ISS has grown so much over the last year... Anyway, we will do our best to keep everything up-to-date, :-) well... right after these gems from last summer:One of my personal favorites, this photo says it all about the carefree style on great summer days. Merve Tuna just before sunset, at Radar Live on the Black Sea coast.

Taking a break, backstage at The Hall. Mustafa abi! Cool amigo, always great to see you when I'm on a visit to the homebase mekân. (Photo also featured in TimeOut Istanbul Magazine, October edition)

The beauty of Beyoğlu's backstreets is amazing in the late summer, lots of staircases and hanging plants. Ideal for a photo shoot! Perpetually stylish designer Melis Binay only adds to the beauty of the location. The two outfits pictured here she made herself, by hand.

Our very own editor-at-large and chief of everything cool Seraphima, near Babylon. All rise!

Talented amigas Ebru and Zeynep having fun on the boulevard. See you at the Factory. :-)

Wonderfully fun Nuray at the Galata outdoor cinema space. Great place it was and good times for sure, eh? Tres chic, cnm.

And one more from Nuray, about a month later with her buddy, that I took for the October issue of 2'debir Magazine. Super style, ya! Vintage shirt is truly one-of-a-kind, and so is she.

Galatasaray afro chillin'.

Fashion editor Buket Baydar on a Nişantaşı afternoon stroll. Gotta love the shades!

Life on Istiklâl, two street-wise angels in front of the sugar shop. Summer days, gone bye bye. Love the pink shoelaces, here's to keepin' it real...

One of our top-models Alex Borisov, who is definitely headed for the big-time someday.

Serra smiles lovely for Istanbul. We love your wicked style, yo.

Risa brings Tokyo style to Istanbul. Cool overalls and shoulder tattoo.

On a shopping mission, we run into Ozlem! So fun to see her again. She was one of my first style photos, way back in the beginning of ISS.

14 comments:

ezgi said...

finally! :)
waiting for more posts!

Karina said...

Pleeeeeeeeeeease, bring us winter posts! I miss you! x

konstantina said...

i love the first photo, but i adore the rest of the pictures too.

lulu said...

loved the grey dress+red boots look.

speaking from porto alegre, brazil. the steet style blogs are popping out everywhere here, and i'm beginning my own. if anyone wants to check out how people dress up here, feel free to take a look and comment!

i also linked your blog to my favourites ;)

beso
lulu

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Hi guys of "Istanbul Street Style" u have a amazing page, please add this new street style blog of "Santiago de Chile" to your links, I'll add u too...Thanks

http://stgochilestyle.blogspot.com

http://stgochilestyle.blogspot.com

http://stgochilestyle.blogspot.com

Kadir said...

mustafa çook cooldur, biz kendisini eski adı rush olan vanilla ismi ile tekrar açılan mekandan tanıyoruz.

Unknown said...

I can't remember seeing people dressed like this in Istanbul... but a few years have passed since I was there. Soon I will return and I will open my eyes....

Unknown said...

I can't remember seeing people dressed like this in Istanbul... but a few years have passed since I was there. Soon I will return and I will open my eyes....

Unknown said...

I can't remember seeing people dressed like this in Istanbul... but a few years have passed since I was there. Soon I will return and I will open my eyes....

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi dear stylish collègue

i'm Kamel, from Paris

i quited TV univers to create a street style blog that shows Paris through street style photo romances.

I like to mixe stories and real styles because it's a way for me to humanize fashion.

After 6 months of street style hunting and bloging, 3000 photos, i've been asked last week if i could create a street style press magazine in Paris for july. i am very glad because it'"s a great challenge and i've never done that before.

i don't know if you can succeed because I hope that everyone could help me because i'll have to find photos from all over the world that means creating a network of street style photographers

I'll be glad to switch links with you.

My blog's name is : STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS

have a look to my photo romances and tell my what you think about..

Some stories are translated in english : click the english flag


thank you very much for your new friendship


Kamel
street style romancer in Paris

STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

STYLE AND THE CITY . COM - PARIS said...

hi hi from Paris

very cool photos and atmosphere ! great

i noticed that you like stylish people.
may be you'll like my street style photo romances in Paris
if not, i kill myself ! lol

and by the way, i met Sarah Jessica Parker in Paris and... yes yes, the photos are online, as if you were there !

ps : i hop i won't have to kill myself, because my mother love me. lol

2 questions :
-People say in my blog that parisian girls are the best dressed ever. what do you think ?
-do you prefer to win clothe of week ends/weeks in Paris ?

let's keep in touch, drink wine, switch links or whatever and have a wonderful day !


Kamel
street style romancer in Paris

STYLE AND THE CITY - PARIS

Handan Pusatcioglu said...

I love the nazar bead on the shoelace...